WordPress is a famous open source CMS framework based on PHP. All famous blogs and websites that you see over the net are based on WordPress. Companies hire WordPress developers to get these sites and blogs developed.
Laravel is an MVC framework and it provides an infrastructure to your website application which allows the developer to focus on creating the app and not wasting too much time with the internals (code design, security, communicating with databases, configuration, templating, etc). If you are looking for a completely customized solution that another programmer can take over and easily extend, then Laravel is a smart choice. Going this route will certainly be more expensive. But it is actually worth it.
Using WordPress with Laravel framework is considered to be an icing on the cake! There are many perks of using WordPress with Laravel framework. Let’s find out:
• Laravel is a framework that will definitely make the PHP developers fall in love with it as soon as they start working on it. Loaded with all necessary capabilities and features, Laravel has the ability to fold well with the browsers and search engines to offer comprehensive views.
• Putting WordPress and Laravel together, you’d get a perfect blend of customization and usability.
• If you’re a Laravel developer, you are aware of the perks of developing apps on its framework using WordPress one of which is that the templates of Laravel frameworks are designed with simple webpage layout with sections.
• A new feature in Laravel, namely Form Request, is an advanced feature of Laravel 5 that serves as the base for processing and validating form data for creating simple contact forms with functional fields that includes Your Name, Your Email Address, and Your Message. This feature automatically calls the validate method for generating the contact form as requested along with the mandatory fields whenever Form requests are made.
• The Artisan scheduler feature in Laravel is designed for simplifying the tasks that needs to be scheduled. For using this feature, set up one cron job that calls the code, “php artisan schedule:run” to run it every minute. You can schedule the tasks once your cron is set up. It saves you from the problem of remembering cron scheduling and is very efficient to use. So is it all possible on WordPress alone? No! You need both hand in hand to achieve all this.
• Laravel web development is always at its best when integrated with WordPress. Even though it is a bit expensive but it’s 100% cost effective and a time saver!
• Laravel is best used in frontend whereas WordPress in the backend. WordPress supports Laravel plugins and data that is fetched is done via WordPress’ database. Displaying the stored data on frontend is easy when Laravel developers fetch the stored data from WordPress and display it on Laravel in the frontend.
So if you’re thinking of developing apps on WordPress with Laravel, just go for it without a second thought!